I live in the remotely secluded distant outback
Yes that is pretty much all the descriptions I can think of for the location of my current apartment.
Before I go on about this, let's start it off in a nice way.
Rent is affordable, with great housemates, great furnishing in the house. quiet and decent neighbourhood. Everything is good, and excellent. Yes I said excellent and this means better than satisfactory. The only problem is the location.
It's located in the northern tip of the island and it takes 1/5 of the time necessary to go down town to just pop over to my home country. It takes me 1 hour to get to work every morning, not to mention the standing-all-the-way pain that I have to endure in my heels. And not to forget 1 hour is only one way. So yes, I spend 2 hours travelling every work day and by the time I get home, the sky is usually dark and I'm left lazy and lethargic to go out again.
Other than precious time spent on travelling, it also kinda cut me off from social life. See, most of my closer friends stay in town, or somewhere near town at least. On a boring weekend like this when I'd love the company of someone close, to have a simple lunch/dinner, or just afternoon tea, I couldn't because the thought of travelling is enough to set me back on whatever brilliant and fun plan I may have.
I enjoy cooking and whatever I cook for myself. 'Cuz it's healthy and most importantly, it's how I'd like it to be, not too oily, not too salty, every taste is just perfect for me and myself. I'm hoping that saving time on travelling after I move will mean I get some time off to cook again! And I'll be back to my healthy diet regime again.
Only setback is probably the quality of living, in the physical sense. The new place is older, less well furnished, with low ceiling and it's on the ground floor. 'nuff said. I'm hoping some nice interior decor will do the trick. So I'm in the midst of designing my new place. Only other problem is probably the budget, where I'm gonna have to try to convince my landlady/aunt to spend the money or compromise, if necessary. She's the landlady and I, the tenant. But she won't be staying there.
Before I go on about this, let's start it off in a nice way.
Rent is affordable, with great housemates, great furnishing in the house. quiet and decent neighbourhood. Everything is good, and excellent. Yes I said excellent and this means better than satisfactory. The only problem is the location.
It's located in the northern tip of the island and it takes 1/5 of the time necessary to go down town to just pop over to my home country. It takes me 1 hour to get to work every morning, not to mention the standing-all-the-way pain that I have to endure in my heels. And not to forget 1 hour is only one way. So yes, I spend 2 hours travelling every work day and by the time I get home, the sky is usually dark and I'm left lazy and lethargic to go out again.
Other than precious time spent on travelling, it also kinda cut me off from social life. See, most of my closer friends stay in town, or somewhere near town at least. On a boring weekend like this when I'd love the company of someone close, to have a simple lunch/dinner, or just afternoon tea, I couldn't because the thought of travelling is enough to set me back on whatever brilliant and fun plan I may have.
I enjoy cooking and whatever I cook for myself. 'Cuz it's healthy and most importantly, it's how I'd like it to be, not too oily, not too salty, every taste is just perfect for me and myself. I'm hoping that saving time on travelling after I move will mean I get some time off to cook again! And I'll be back to my healthy diet regime again.
Only setback is probably the quality of living, in the physical sense. The new place is older, less well furnished, with low ceiling and it's on the ground floor. 'nuff said. I'm hoping some nice interior decor will do the trick. So I'm in the midst of designing my new place. Only other problem is probably the budget, where I'm gonna have to try to convince my landlady/aunt to spend the money or compromise, if necessary. She's the landlady and I, the tenant. But she won't be staying there.









0 Comments:
コメントを投稿
<< Home