流氓公主共和国
Welcome to People's Republic of Princess Yakuza!
OFFICIALLY NO MORE UPDATES IN BLOGSPOT. PLS VISIT MY MULTIPLY FROM NOW ON.

**warning: this page is best viewed with a 17" CRT or a 15" LCD on IE. With any other type of monitor or browser, the alignments might turn out awful and links would not work! So view at your own risk! Or you might wanna minimise your browser size or adjust text size.



Disclaimer
If the content of my blog sounds familiar, and you start wondering if I were referring to you, I probably am, or I might not be. Well if you don't like what I write, then stop reading.

Online Reference
Dictionary, Encyclopedia & more
Word:
by:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Quotes
Be nice to everyone, because What goes around, Comes around

Word of the Day

Article of the Day

Today's Birthday

In the News

Quotation of the Day


Photo Albums 写真冊
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Favourites 大好き
~ chili padi
~ tomyum
~ chawanmushi
~ teppanyaki

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hates 大嫌い„
~ cigarettes
~ dirty toilets, esp footprints on toilet bowls!!




Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some Links
~ My favourite DJs
~ Interesting radio shows
~ Dr Liew
~ Western-Chinese Calendar Converter
~ Blogger.com
~ Blogskins.com



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Recent silver strands
~Have I mentioned I hate this?
~Childhood #1
~My Communication Style
~Apologies to cab driver
~Dragonfly
~Tongue challenge
~Sour loser
~i'M BORED
~To tick or to cross
~Stunt #4


月曜日, 8月 27, 2007

JB is a dangerous city

Being ultra fortunate to be living in this extremely safe city of Singapore, some of us often take safety for granted.

I do agree that JB is a dangerous city, in comparison with Singapore, yes. It is just as dangerous as any other city in the world. It only seems more dangerous and sounds more scary because of the media reports that you hear everyday. They report every single crime that happened in the city. And in contrast with a heaven-like city with one of the lowest crime rate in the world across a 1,056 metres bridge, JB seems like hell. The truth is, you do not hear of such negative reports everyday from cities in the rest of the world, but does that mean those cities are safer than JB?

I do not think JB is more dangerous than Jo'burg, I do not think JB is more dangerous than Guangzhou. I do not think JB is more dangerous than Columbia. So stop up-playing this fact. At least there aren't guns involved in JB. The fact is that other than in Singapore, you have to be cautious wherever you go. Not just JB.

You do not warn someone from St. Louis or Detroit that JB is very dangerous. You also do not warn someone who grew up in Sao Paulo that JB is very dangerous. Because I'm sure these guys are cautious and alert wherever they go. It's a second nature to them already, having grown and bred in big cities like that.

It feels strange that I'm writing this. I'm not really patriotic, yes I admit that openly. I'm not offended when people comment that JB is a dangerous city. I really am not offended. I couldn't care less about what people might say actually. But I just can't stand unjust/untrue comments. It's the same feeling that I have when people disseminate untrue information, like those blindly forwarded junk mails.

You should exercise cautions wherever you go, not just JB. Of course the safest is to stay in Singapore and don't go anywhere else.

Just something to read.

Ranking
No source cited. You could choose to ignore it but my point is, JB is not the MOST dangerous city in the world. So don't make it sound like one.
Bangkok as Crime Central
Johannesburg
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com