TAIPEI was FABULOUSLY FANTASTIC!!
Apologies to my faithful readers, I'm back from Taipei!!!
As I went there with my mum and sis and I was the master planner, even though I had sufficient preparation with much help from colleagues and friends, I still freaked out when the departure date drew near.
It was a feeling of helplessness even though I wasn't exactly helpless. More of refusing to be the master planner, to be dependent on. Yes, I'm the eldest child in the family, hence all the more I refuse to take on the responsibility. Or I was just plain lazy, not wanting to be depended on. I was closed to tears the day of departure. Of course I hid it well and neither of them noticed it. All went well in the end. I really hate this feeling, the pre-departure syndrome. Had it the last time I went BKK as well. And I swore I'll just pay my mum to join tour groups next time so I won't have to go through this again.
Enough of that. Now about my trip! We really had much fun there and really loved Taipei!! As mandarin is our first language so navigation was so much easier. Plus I could fake the Taiwanese accent, that made things a whole lot easier. We really had much laughters during the trip.
I converse with my mum and sis in the Malaysian mandarin slang. And when we met a Singaporean ah pek there, strangley I was unable to switch to my Singaporean mandarin slang. I felt a little crippled there and then. *LOL*
It was just entering autumn in Taipei and weather was cooling with temperature hovering around 20 degree C. Along with the light drizzle, the weather was an ABSOLUTE darling to me. I LUUUURVE IT, absolutely loved it.
It felt like home in Taipei...
Finally, pictures are up! Check out my multiply.

Rock formation at 野柳. The famous Queen's head.

Fishermen's wharf 渔人码头

九份老街

Taipei 101

Weird translation... don't you think? It just doesn't sound right.

Signage telling ppl to dispose the paper cups and all

Then there's this...
As I went there with my mum and sis and I was the master planner, even though I had sufficient preparation with much help from colleagues and friends, I still freaked out when the departure date drew near.
It was a feeling of helplessness even though I wasn't exactly helpless. More of refusing to be the master planner, to be dependent on. Yes, I'm the eldest child in the family, hence all the more I refuse to take on the responsibility. Or I was just plain lazy, not wanting to be depended on. I was closed to tears the day of departure. Of course I hid it well and neither of them noticed it. All went well in the end. I really hate this feeling, the pre-departure syndrome. Had it the last time I went BKK as well. And I swore I'll just pay my mum to join tour groups next time so I won't have to go through this again.
Enough of that. Now about my trip! We really had much fun there and really loved Taipei!! As mandarin is our first language so navigation was so much easier. Plus I could fake the Taiwanese accent, that made things a whole lot easier. We really had much laughters during the trip.
I converse with my mum and sis in the Malaysian mandarin slang. And when we met a Singaporean ah pek there, strangley I was unable to switch to my Singaporean mandarin slang. I felt a little crippled there and then. *LOL*
It was just entering autumn in Taipei and weather was cooling with temperature hovering around 20 degree C. Along with the light drizzle, the weather was an ABSOLUTE darling to me. I LUUUURVE IT, absolutely loved it.
It felt like home in Taipei...
Finally, pictures are up! Check out my multiply.

Rock formation at 野柳. The famous Queen's head.

Fishermen's wharf 渔人码头

九份老街

Taipei 101

Weird translation... don't you think? It just doesn't sound right.

Signage telling ppl to dispose the paper cups and all

Then there's this...









0 Comments:
コメントを投稿
<< Home