CNY long leave!~
Aloha my faithful readers!
Taking long leave at home to enjoy my CNY. At least a week.
Ever since I started my life in Sg 9 yrs ago, have never stayed at home for CNY more than the 3rd day. So now, the long awaited fun is back!! CNY here is undoubtedly so much more fun, with all the gamblings, fireworks, laughters and all. Am gonna enjoy this to the fullest, knowing well that once I'm back in office, colleagues will be on leave one after another. That's gonna be a hell March to go.
Many events and things happened and I now have the time and mood to jot them all down, even though I can't exactly recall which one happened first and which after.
Colleague's wedding dinner
At the dinner, they played a photo slideshow of their history since they met at secondary sch. It was really touching, but somewhere deep in my heart, it just didn't feel good. The feeling of doubt, as usual, not abt them, but abt marriage and myself overall.
Dept dinner
This happened 2 Thursday ago I think. Yea, why a Thursday you might wonder but I have no clue. It was at an Italian restaurant at Club St called Senso sth... (sorry I am not gd at foreign language) where it was a convent sch before. A very beautiful place I must say, romantic nevertheless. Good thing was that buses were chartered to bring all of us there, so we wouldn't be late and lost. Guess the committee knew very well that ppl are workaholics in general.
Were there, checked out the seating arrangement and found I was to be seated with the HK mafia. Whew~ at least they're the ppl whom I'm most familiar to, other than my own team. So there came the time to proceed into the restaurant for dinner to start. I was seated oppo. one of the HK mafia.
Me: So who's sitting beside you?
Mafia 1: Big S.
Me: Who's the big S?
Mafia2,3: You dunno who's the big S?
Me: No. So who?
Mafia1: Use your brain.
Me: You're not serious!?!?!?!
Mafia1: *showed me the placard next to him* nah!
Me: WTF!!! But why?
It was a seating plan so weird that none of us could comprehend. 3 HK mafia, 3 young new and fresh enployees, 2 Viet expats and 1 Indian expat. Totally, completely incomprehensible. Dinner went by with the mafia engaging in their Canton jokes whilst big S engaging in serious talk and topics on the left half of the table. It was still fun overall, despite the serious talks I had to try to engage myself in. Won some vouchers as well. And I left at about 11pm while some stayed beyond 2am, even though it was a working Friday after that.
ATM encounter
Was at this ATM yesterday withdrawing cash for my mum and an Indian lady was in front of me at the machine.
She was taking quite a while so I took my time to read the stickers and notices stuck on the ATM and around it. One of it says: "This machine dispenses only RM50", in Malay language of course. She was taking so long that I was getting impatient and started to pay attention to what she was doing, really.
Insert card, key in PIN, ... collected her card and passed to her left hand, took the cash, took another card, (or the same card) insert again and repeated the entire thing. I was wondering if all her villagemen had probly asked her to be the representative and withdrew money on their behalves, until I noticed that the account balance was displayed on the top right hand corner where it was within my view: after first withdrawal, RM159.xx left; after 2nd withdrawl, RM109.xx left.... WTF!?!?!? She was either drawing RM50 everytime, or her entire villagemen happened to have the same account balance. Okay, so she did this for abt 5 times before she finally left the machine.
Then it was finally my turn to use the ATM.
"Pls select language: Malay, Chinese, English"
and I finally understood how it all happened.
My M'sian SIM card has been terminated. So contact me at my Sg no. pls.
Happy Chinese New Year guys!~
Taking long leave at home to enjoy my CNY. At least a week.
Ever since I started my life in Sg 9 yrs ago, have never stayed at home for CNY more than the 3rd day. So now, the long awaited fun is back!! CNY here is undoubtedly so much more fun, with all the gamblings, fireworks, laughters and all. Am gonna enjoy this to the fullest, knowing well that once I'm back in office, colleagues will be on leave one after another. That's gonna be a hell March to go.
Many events and things happened and I now have the time and mood to jot them all down, even though I can't exactly recall which one happened first and which after.
Colleague's wedding dinner
At the dinner, they played a photo slideshow of their history since they met at secondary sch. It was really touching, but somewhere deep in my heart, it just didn't feel good. The feeling of doubt, as usual, not abt them, but abt marriage and myself overall.
Dept dinner
This happened 2 Thursday ago I think. Yea, why a Thursday you might wonder but I have no clue. It was at an Italian restaurant at Club St called Senso sth... (sorry I am not gd at foreign language) where it was a convent sch before. A very beautiful place I must say, romantic nevertheless. Good thing was that buses were chartered to bring all of us there, so we wouldn't be late and lost. Guess the committee knew very well that ppl are workaholics in general.
Were there, checked out the seating arrangement and found I was to be seated with the HK mafia. Whew~ at least they're the ppl whom I'm most familiar to, other than my own team. So there came the time to proceed into the restaurant for dinner to start. I was seated oppo. one of the HK mafia.
Me: So who's sitting beside you?
Mafia 1: Big S.
Me: Who's the big S?
Mafia2,3: You dunno who's the big S?
Me: No. So who?
Mafia1: Use your brain.
Me: You're not serious!?!?!?!
Mafia1: *showed me the placard next to him* nah!
Me: WTF!!! But why?
It was a seating plan so weird that none of us could comprehend. 3 HK mafia, 3 young new and fresh enployees, 2 Viet expats and 1 Indian expat. Totally, completely incomprehensible. Dinner went by with the mafia engaging in their Canton jokes whilst big S engaging in serious talk and topics on the left half of the table. It was still fun overall, despite the serious talks I had to try to engage myself in. Won some vouchers as well. And I left at about 11pm while some stayed beyond 2am, even though it was a working Friday after that.
ATM encounter
Was at this ATM yesterday withdrawing cash for my mum and an Indian lady was in front of me at the machine.
She was taking quite a while so I took my time to read the stickers and notices stuck on the ATM and around it. One of it says: "This machine dispenses only RM50", in Malay language of course. She was taking so long that I was getting impatient and started to pay attention to what she was doing, really.
Insert card, key in PIN, ... collected her card and passed to her left hand, took the cash, took another card, (or the same card) insert again and repeated the entire thing. I was wondering if all her villagemen had probly asked her to be the representative and withdrew money on their behalves, until I noticed that the account balance was displayed on the top right hand corner where it was within my view: after first withdrawal, RM159.xx left; after 2nd withdrawl, RM109.xx left.... WTF!?!?!? She was either drawing RM50 everytime, or her entire villagemen happened to have the same account balance. Okay, so she did this for abt 5 times before she finally left the machine.
Then it was finally my turn to use the ATM.
"Pls select language: Malay, Chinese, English"
and I finally understood how it all happened.
My M'sian SIM card has been terminated. So contact me at my Sg no. pls.
Happy Chinese New Year guys!~









0 Comments:
コメントを投稿
<< Home