流氓公主共和国
Welcome to People's Republic of Princess Yakuza!
OFFICIALLY NO MORE UPDATES IN BLOGSPOT. PLS VISIT MY MULTIPLY FROM NOW ON.

**warning: this page is best viewed with a 17" CRT or a 15" LCD on IE. With any other type of monitor or browser, the alignments might turn out awful and links would not work! So view at your own risk! Or you might wanna minimise your browser size or adjust text size.



Disclaimer
If the content of my blog sounds familiar, and you start wondering if I were referring to you, I probably am, or I might not be. Well if you don't like what I write, then stop reading.

Online Reference
Dictionary, Encyclopedia & more
Word:
by:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Quotes
Be nice to everyone, because What goes around, Comes around

Word of the Day

Article of the Day

Today's Birthday

In the News

Quotation of the Day


Photo Albums 写真冊
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Favourites 大好き
~ chili padi
~ tomyum
~ chawanmushi
~ teppanyaki

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hates 大嫌い„
~ cigarettes
~ dirty toilets, esp footprints on toilet bowls!!




Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some Links
~ My favourite DJs
~ Interesting radio shows
~ Dr Liew
~ Western-Chinese Calendar Converter
~ Blogger.com
~ Blogskins.com



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Recent silver strands
~I tendered my resignation
~considering change of job
~Which Singaporean blogger are you?
~first week at work
~results out
~Hitachi's offer
~I am offered a job
~2nd interview at hitachi!
~conquering gunung lambak
~New photos uploaded


日曜日, 6月 19, 2005

A Fathers' day with a waigong we never knew

Await reading: The half blood prince! 14 July 2005

I decided that while I'm looking for a job, I'd better start my driving lesson. In which case I'd only come to Sg when I have an interview. First driving lesson is scheduled on Thursday 10am.

I was wondering if I had been over complacent, the fact that I was offered 2 jobs easily had maybe swollen my head. But then again, I know I did not take them for granted. This is my first step, and it is of utmost importance that I step onto the right path. Because this is the path that I will have to live for at least another 20-30 years.

My waigong, mum's dad came visiting Kluang from Selangor. He doesn't live in Kluang with my waipo. He was the bastard who left 6 children with my waipo and started a family of his own in Selangor. My xiao jiu was only a few months old when he left, and my da yi was only what, 12 years old? The thought of how my waipo went through those years causes tears to well up in my eyes. He has a son and a daughter from second marriage. His daughter is now divorced with a daughter, and his son is unmarried. I only vaguely remember him as an old man whom we saw only once every few years. If I think about it carefully, I've met him only 5 times? Whatever it is, most of us no longer treat him as family, more of a distant relative, that is how I feel.

I don't know if his purpose of visiting Kluang is to get some Fathers' day celebration, but I am certain that there is nothing to celebrate, about him. My mum they all had some sort of a celebration last night for Fathers' day. She had asked if I wanted to join. I called my xiao jiu to see if he wants to go back since his father is there in Kluang. He just said no, since it was not in his itinerary. He didn't even take one second to consider the possibility. He is not to blame for his ruthlessness for it is clear who was ruthless some 30 odd years ago. So part of me wanted to go back but something held me back. The temptation of having a family gathering was always too hard to resist. I've always loved family gathering. It is the greatest joy I can have with my family. But it was now clear what held me back. I didn't want to give him the false impression that I went back just because he came visiting. But I don't want him to be the sole reason why I was deprived of the family gathering. So I was desperately trying to find other reasons to replace that one just so I have better reasons for not going back. I came up with this: I will have to be back by Thursday for my driving lesson, so if I'd gone back yesterday, I'd have to stay there for such a long time where I'd have no internet at my dispense. Along with other vain reasons like submitting resume and applying for jobs, I overcame the temptation to go back.

I miss Leslie, he's about 17 months now. I bought him a training bottle yesterday, one that is spill proof and changes color when there's cold drink inside, since my waipo always complains that he spills his cup every time she tried to train him to drink from his water cup. Another point to add, he can now point out his facial features when prompted! It is such a joy to see a baby grows and learns, becoming more intelligent each day, something that distinguishes a homo sapien from all other homos. Another funny note, my mum once placed a mango at the entrance of the kitchen and told him that it was a mouse with an intimidating tone, to make him believe that it was something to be feared of. And it worked! He didn't even dare move an inch closer to the mango! It worked with many other items as well, like dried fungus, banana skins... haha~ SO FUNNY! Of course we did reveal to him that it was not something to be afraid of and made him touch it in the end. And he was cool! Haha~

~A boy, who is yet to see the world, and learn the hard truth behind his life. ~
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com